Craftcation 2012 and Superbuzzy

I recently attended the first ever indie business & DIY workshop conference, Craftcation, in Ventura, California.  Created by Nicole Stevenson and Delilah Snell.  The conference was a hit for indie business newcomers and for those that have already achieved success in their craft.  The location was perfect with a beautiful ocean view and a community rich with art and inspiration.  The business and DIY classes were very informative and fun.  The speakers were diverse with useful information and have inspired me to take a whole new, refreshing perspective on my business ventures.  I'm still working on processing the information I received and I can't wait to see my business grow in a positive direction.  I met many lovely attendees and speakers, as well as the very friendly Nicole.  I am already looking forward to Craftcation 2013!  Thank you Nicole and Delilah and everyone who made this wonderful event come to life and be so well organized and fun!  
Delilah and Nicole courtesy of Craftcation
View from City Hall

View from our room

Outside City Hall

Art inside City Hall

Inside City Hall



While I didn't get the opportunity within my busy schedule to shop the plethora of thrift and vintage shops, I did get to visit Superbuzzy!  Superbuzzy is an amazing shop filled with gorgeous Japanese import fabrics, gifts and crafts! I've been ordering online from here for years, but to finally see everything in person was a true delight!  I felt like a kid in a candy shop!  Meeting Kelly, the owner of Superbuzzy, was just as fantastic!  She was so friendly and so accommodating to my fabric craze.  Thanks Kelly!  I was also very fortunate to win the drawing through Craftcation for a fabric bundle from Superbuzzy!  Such a perfect fit!  

Me and Kelly



All in all the weekend was wonderful and I'm so glad I had the opportunity to attend with my dear friend, Heather from Whimzee Creations. On our way back home, we took a moment to stop at the beach and collect some shells and rocks for our kids.  The beach was so beautiful and refreshing.  It was a perfect way to conclude our adventure. 


2 comments

  1. love this post sahnda! so glad you got a chance to go to suberbuzzy...for sure one of the reasons i wish i lived in ventura! -random nicole

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Nicole! I absolutely loved Ventura and I'm looking forward to being there again next year!

    ReplyDelete