Whitewashed Fireplace

Here are the before and after photos of my fireplace after whitewashing it.  I used equal parts water and white paint, although I did end up adding a tad extra water because it was a little heavy.  I used a small brush to get in between the bricks and a larger brush for everything else.  I painted and then sponged the excess off with scrunched up paper towels until I got the effect I desired.  For the second coat I dabbed the areas that still looked a little red.  Your technique will develop as you work so don't worry if at first it seems awkward or if it doesn't look just right.  It will begin to come together the more you work on it.  That's it!  Easy peasy and love the results!  

Before-the white splotches are from previous renovations

First coat half done

With one coat

Finished product with two coats

No comments